Saturday, February 10, 2007

New blog!

I've cooked over 100 recipes from Cook with Jamie now. I still have a good few to go but it has reached a stage where the remaining recipes can't practically be cooked as quickly as I have been doing, unless I give up any pretension to sensible eating and live on a diet of seafood and desserts (they being the bulk of the outstanding recipes). I have inevitably begun to imagine Life After Jamie, which I hadn't done before, although I still haven't started counting (it seems horribly soulless). Anyway I will of course continue to blog my way through the remaining recipes but I've also started a new blog project, which I'll develop while I work on through Jamie and continue more frequently after Jamie. My new blog is called From Page to Plate and is intended as a space in which to enjoy and explore my twin loves of food and books (and cookbooks, that neatly combine the two). I will be reviewing my over-extensive cookbook collection, testing out recipes, trying out new foods, and also writing about the novels that sustain me as much as food. Check out the beginning of my blog on http://www.frompagetoplate.blogspot.com.

I won't forget about Jamie, though, and this blog will continue apace - plenty of exciting recipes to come (I haven't even got to the meringue section yet.... that could be very exciting, since I've never made a meringue in my life). In a sense this blog is the most extensive cookbook review I've ever done and will ever do, and I feel I've still got some distance to go before I can offer up a considered opinion. I certainly need to try the Ultimate Gingerbread first!

5 comments:

Freya said...

Hi Kathryn! THis is a great idea! I look forward to reading your reviews of books/recipes and whatever else in between!
Love, Freya

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn!! For a moment I thought you were giving up on Jamie.... phew!! Your dishes and comments have been an inspiration, keep up the good work.
Love, Jayne x

Kathryn said...

Hi both,

Thanks for stopping by, Jayne, and for your nice comments. Rest assured, I am not giving up. Not after tasting that incredible gingerbread! No, seriously, I love Jamie's book and I won't give up until I've finished.

Freya - thank you for the support!
Kathryn x

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...



طبخ I would like to show thanks to you for rescuing me from this circumstance. After browsing through the the net and coming across ideas which are not beneficial, الطائف I was thinking my entire life was gone. Living without the approaches to the problems you have resolved by means of this article is a serious case, as well as ones which may have badly damaged my career if I had not encountered your site. الشريف Your personal training and kindness in handling all the pieces was vital. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not discovered such a point like this. It’s possible to at this moment look forward to my future. كيكة Thanks very much for this reliable and results-oriented guide. I won’t think twice to suggest the website to anyone who needs to have care about this problem. coach outlet مدينة الطائف